ADS

Monday, March 21, 2011

DIY : How to Make a Lipstick

This is another fun project that you can do at home. I’m only had one color of blusher, you can combine two or more different colors of blusher (or even eye shadow). So here we go let’s get started.
To success, you will need:
Old/broken/unused blusher or eye shadow 
A wooden pencil, make sure the end part is flat and clean
Hair pins
Paper towels
Small pot or jar to put your lipstick into
A lip brush or toothpick

The preparation could get messy, so set out a working surface by putting a paper towel or paper bags beneath where you’re working.


a.  Using hair pin, scrap the blusher out from the pan into a clean jar.
b. Smash the blusher into a powder by punching the back of the wooden pencil. Grind until the powder is fine. Don’t leave any clumps because it will end up in your lipstick, and that’s not good.
c. Mix powder with a bit of Vaseline. Give or take the amount of Vaseline depending on amount of your powder. Optional – few drops of Vitamin E into the mixture. I just don’t have Vitamin E. Hehe
d & e. Stir the mixture with hair pin into desire content. If you want a form of lipgloss type, add more Vaseline and Vitamin E, me myself prefer a lipstick type.
f. Clean the jar edges, and put it into a microwave for about 30 seconds. I don’t know what is wrong with the microwave, my lipstick didn't melt at all even I reheat with high heat.
g. So, I exposed the mixture to a sun heat, yes it turned into a liquid within a short period of time. Stir the mixture again to make sure that everything are mixed properly.  
h. Enjoy! This is not only my new lipstick, but also can be use as cream blusher to get a sun-kissed look.

I applied as cream blusher as well
NOTE: I've found it have a pretty foul taste, you might want to put on some flavored balm before applying. Be sure that the blusher or eye shadow you are using is safe to be used as a lip product before using.

No comments:

Post a Comment