ADS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil and Its Wonderful Beauty and Health Benefit

My confession: I have digestive problem since I was kid. It leads to constipation that makes difficult for me to have a normal bowel movement. Previously, I depend on medicine to have a smooth digestion, until my sister gave me virgin coconut oil to help my digestive problem. And it works! How..? I consume 1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil daily every morning. The saturated fats present in virgin coconut oil have anti microbial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, parasites that cause indigestion. It also helps in absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Not only digestion, there are just so many good things about it.
1. Skin nourishing lotion
One day I was running low on my favorite lotion for cracked heels, so I decided to slather some virgin coconut oil on my extremely dry heels and cover with socks before I go to bed. The next morning I found that my heels were soft and smooth, and wonderfully hydrated. Oh it was wonderful! Then I try to make it solid like butter. Keep it on fridge for few hours and apply as usual. It is perfect for dry skin.

2. Eye cream
I don’t use any expensive eye cream as I found that buttered VCO do wonders for my eyes. Even it is oil, you don’t have to worry because it absorbed into the skin fast. It also delays wrinkles, and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age.

3. Hair mask & moisturizer
Before this I use olive oil as hair mask, it is easy to find and cheap too. Since I use virgin coconut oil as hair mask, I can see the difference between olive oil and VCO, it softens and moisturizes hair much better, and leave shine as well. My auntie says it prevents hair from going premature grey.
I explained how I apply VCO on my hair : My Hair Care Routine

4. Weight loss & dieting
Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight because it contains and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight. VCO is often preferred by athletes and body builders and by those who are dieting because it contains lesser calories than other oils, its fat’s molecule is super tiny thus it is easily converted into energy and it does not lead to accumulation of fat in the heart and arteries.

So, for those people that listing ‘lose weight’ as new year resolution, get a virgin coconut oil now.



Read more about VCO



2 comments:

  1. This post is genuinely a nice one it assists new the web
    visitors, who are wishing for blogging.

    Here is my web-site: african mango australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about coconut. Please keep sharing.
    Health Is A Life

    ReplyDelete