I have combination-oily skin and sometimes suffer from the oily scalp which can leads into oily dandruff. And I face slight difficulty to cure the oily dandruff because it happens again easily.
I hate dandruff because it can leads to my hair loss. Nevertheless, with a suitable dandruff home remedy and a regular hair care regimen, I believe that we can get rid off the hated dandruffs problem without using anti dandruff shampoo.
Oh before that, these are the reasons why I’m having dandruffs:
- Poor diet (especially deep fried food)
- Excessive tension and stress (work work work)
- Hormonal imbalances (I quite often having oily skin during pms)
- Too much use of different hair cosmetics (no proper guidance from the expert)
- Daily shampooing - it can strip it off natural oils. Later my body reacts by pumping out the oils. I’m trying very hard not to shampoo my hair daily but only God knows how dizzy and sick I am at 10am in the office when I don’t wash my hair in the morning. Sad..
Now, few home remedies made up from natural ingredients to get rid off the dandruffs (especially oily type)
1. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has an anti-fungal quality. This is because the oil produced by the plant which is also known as Melaleuca Alternifolia. I’m using Tea Tree Oil from Aiken and its 100% pure.
Few drops of Tea Tree Oil into favorite shampoo I regularly use, and wash as usual. Softly massage scalp by fingertips, not nails. It really soothes and leaves my hair so manageable after. I follow the above procedure twice a week and my dandruff start to disappear within a week time. It really works!
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Yes I know the smell unpleasing but this is an excellent remedy to cure oily dandruff and itchy flaky scalp problem.
Mix together the Apple Cider Vinegar with some warm water (1:1). Fight the unpleasant smell by adding a few drops of essential oils of your choice (me likes rosemary), its help to add a little fragrance to your hair and cleanse the scalp further.
Option 1 – Apply the mixture directly to the scalp. Be careful don't get the mixture contact with eyes. Leave it on for about 15 minutes or so and then wash the cider out with favorite shampoo.
Option 2 - Put the mixture in a bottle and spray onto scalp. Massage it in and let the mixture dry. I don’t rinse my hair out when I add essential oils into the mixture.
3. Lemon/Lime Juice
If you don't have either Tea Tree Oil or Apple Cider Vinegar, lemon/lime juice can also be used instead. It is easily available in the market and easy on the pocket.
I need two limes for my hair. Take the limes, cut into pieces and using strainer, take out the juice. You can scrub the cut pieces direct to your scalp but I just don’t do that because I only need the juice, not seeds or sacs. Massage the juice onto scalp gently and leave it for few minutes before washing it off thoroughly.
Be careful don’t get the juice contact with your eyes. This remedy will not only help to remove dandruff out of your hair, but will also help to make your hair glowing.
Then what to do with the squeezed lime..?
- Acne treatment, reduce blemishes and scars externally. You might feel initial sting from the juice.
- Promoting skin elasticity and helps new skin cell growth rise from underneath by sloughing off the dark dead skin
- Skin lightening by flushes out pores and keeps skin feeling fresh and bright
- Bleaching skin and nails. You will find your nails become white and it removes stains.