Another way to get my eyebrow in shape is by threading. I've been thread my eyebrow (and upper lips as well) for 4 years. I love to get my eyebrow threaded compared to tweezed or plucked by the reasons:
- Threading will get my eyebrow shapelier and neater. Perfect for who has thick eyebrow like me.
- Long lasting hair removal technique because it removes hair by the root/follicle. I do repeat visits after 3 to 4 weeks. Tweezing eyebrow only last for 3 to 4 days, depends on how sharp your tweezer is.
- The technique is not terribly expensive. It cost me RM7 while upper lips threading RM5.
- It’s clean, safe and sanitary because it does not require chemical ingredients, only needs thread and nothing but the thread touches the skin, and it’s thrown away after use. (of course the beautician’s finger touches my skin during the session)
- Your eyebrow can be done quickly. Well it depends on your brow condition and how good the beautician is as well. My thick brow takes less than 5 minutes, from start to finish.
- Eyebrow threading also will not harm the skin like wax. If done correctly, the skin should not be red for more than a few minutes after the session.
Now, have a good look at my eyebrows before get threaded.
Now the session begin. I ask the beautician to maintain my natural shape and I don't want my brow to be thin.
The thread is closely place to the area, then twisted and pulled along the unwanted hair from the root.
I felt like my skin was being pinched. Damn it really hurt.
** My camera's battery flat, can't show you more**
After shaping the eyebrows, the beautician wipe off my face with dry cotton to remove hair fallen on the skin. The process leaves some redness and she apply a cream (I believe it was an astringent) to reduce the redness of my skin. Barely 5 minutes later the redness gone.
After the quick and hurting session